Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Why Blog?

In the age of Facebook and Twitter, why should I even bother blogging? In the case of Facebook and Twitter, you've got a known audience. However, blogging about random stuff on blogspot just gets lost in the ether of the Intertubes.

Which, actually might be a good thing.

I guess, if I actually wanted readers and commenters, I could easily get this site indexed by google and compile status through technorati. However, I think I'm content just letting this blog exist in the dark, unoccupied alleys of the Internet.

3 comments:

Lorita said...

What if this alleyway isn't as dark and unoccupied as you think it is? What then? Muggers? Pan handlers? Or a strange beacon of light off in the distance?

JG said...

tweet deez nutz

Ann and Jim, author and photographer respectively said...

I used to be an avid blogger and then got addicted to Twitter and Facebook, but still love my blog. And yours! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. (My more
political blog is www.fromthewindowseat.com)