Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Quit: Day 2

Well, so far I've made it through most of day 2 without a smoke. Its been tough - there are so many times where my brain just wanders off and all I can think about is getting away and having one. That's why I think, for me, quitting is much more psychological than physical. My threshold for physical annoyance is somewhat high - I can deal with all the little aches and pains without much complaint.

The largest hurdle for me, so far, is overcoming my independence and lack of self discipline. I've got my own apartment, so there's no one around to help me keep my mind off having a smoke. So far, my constant Twittering has worked, and I'm also hoping that I can keep my brain occupied by blogging. There's not really anyone I want to turn to for help - and I think I'd like to convince myself that I can do this on my own. I'll keep my fingers crossed and just hope I can continue to find the strength to fight off the desire, and keep those smoking thoughts out of my head.

I do have to say, I certainly feel much better today than I did yesterday. In fact, I haven't felt this good for quite some time now. My workout at the gym today can only be described as so-so. I haven't really gone consistently for about 2 or 3 months, so before I can have a great workout, I have to get my body back up to speed. I did a 2.5 mile run/walk on the treadmill today in about 25 minutes. I'd like to have that down to 20 minutes!

Anyways, I've got to figure out something else to blog about now. Enough about my problems, let's find something fun to talk about!

No comments: