Thursday, May 31, 2007

Are People THAT Stupid?

Since there's no Red Sox on tonight, and the Paw Sox are getting their ass kicked by Columbus, I figured I'd check out this "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" show on Fox. Do we really need a game show on TV to prove just how stupid some people can be? ARGH.

The first question I saw was in the category "4th Grade Math". The Question (its a tough one):
How many perfect squares are there between the numbers 10 and 20?
The contestant had to think really hard about that one. She did answer "1", thank goodness, (16 is the only perfect square: 4x4=16), but her husband in the audience was convinced she was wrong. He told her that 12 was a perfect square too!

C'mon people! COME ON! Please don't make me throw a shoe through my TV because you don't know what a perfect square is! PLEASE!

Now I feel better.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I must admit, I am that stupid.