Thursday, March 20, 2008

Red Sox vs. Tigers

No, not the Detroit Tigers - That would be the Hanshin Tigers. I'm sure as all of you already know, the Red Sox are over in Japan and are playing two exhibition games against Japanese teams. The first game is Friday night (well, Saturday afternoon in Japan) against the Tigers. On Sunday, they'll be playing the Yomiuri Giants.

Unfortunately, neither of these games are scheduled to be televised over here. I was convinced that NESN or ESPN would broadcast the game. However, according to mlb.com, it'll only be on their MLB TV subscription service.

I'd love to watch the game. I've never seen a Japanese baseball team play - and with an 11:00 pm start time, Friday's game would be the perfect game to watch. I understand that opening day will be on March 25th - but at 6:00 in the morning, its highly probable that I'm not going to get my ass out of bed to watch.

And just an FYI - if you're interested, Game On over by Fenway will be opening at 6:00 am on the 25th to broadcast the game - complete with a delicious breakfast. Its tempting, but 6:00 am is just way to early for a lazy bachelor like me. I'll just DVR the game and watch it later.

No comments: