Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stuff I Know - VII

I may not know that much - but I do know why I'm not a writer or a proficient blogger. It just boils down to the fact that I am not a writer!

When I was in college, I pretty much avoided any class that required writing papers. Even in high school I hated writing papers. However, when I do write, I'm generally grammatically correct -- and I know why.

So, you ask: "How do you know? Why?"

Well, I'll tell you why -- its simple. I'm a software developer!

When I try to write, my brain is running in 5 different directions. Often, its a struggle for me to translate my thoughts into words and coherent paragraphs. However, when I can shift my brain into mathematics and programming mode, I can work for a few hours straight, without any mind shift whatsoever.

Its just the way my brain works - I love to write software. I love to solve problems. Its just so much easier to translate my thoughts into logical structures than to translate them into words.

I wish it was easier for me to translate my thoughts into English. However, I just don't think my brain is wired that way.

I need to invent a way to express my thoughts in C++ or Java or C# or Javascript or Perl. (Sorry folks, no ruby)

No comments: