Thursday, May 29, 2008

Longfellow Trudge?

I noticed today that the Red Line has been trudging oh-so-slowly across the Longfellow Bridge today. When I left work and made it down to the Kendall stop, the trains were simply crawling through the tunnel. I think you could easily walk over the bridge faster than the trains were running. (Note: all I can picture is that scene from Office Space where Peter is stuck in traffic and watches the old man with the walker pass him by on the sidewalk) Despite that, the ride from Kendall to Porter was just as normal as can be.

So, I checked the MBTA's Transit Updates and I saw this brand new excuse for subway delays:
Red Line is experiencing 10-15 minute delays through the downtown area due to a track problem at Charles
I thought I'd seen every excuse from the MBTA. Usually Red Line delays are caused by "Medical Emergency", "Signal Problems", or "Switching Problems".

The thing is, I'm a train guy, and I have no idea what a "Track Problem" is! What the heck is a track problem?

3 comments:

DJDiva said...

When is the T on time? I've never seen it!

I LOVE that scene in Office Space. And it's not quite un-true in my morning commute...

shelleycoughlin said...

Dude, I've been wondering why the hell the train has been so slow. I've been stuck at Central three times in the past month! And yet I never thought to check the MBTA website.

Anonymous said...

was it a HOT day like over 90 becuase if it was the tracks expand and the trains have to go slower that could be why it said track delays