Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Speaking of the People's...

... did you know that they were closed last Tuesday for the filming of a movie? How awesome is that!

Seriously - there's a new movie in the works called 21. Its the story of one of the MIT Blackjack teams that took Vegas for millions of dollars.

How cool is it that my favorite bar will be front-and-center in a movie?!?!

I rolled by the People's after work on the day of the filming, but I think they were pretty much finished. There were tons of trucks around and wired running all over the place, plus some random tents set up in the driveway next door and the adjacent apartment building. I was kinda hoping that they'd pick one of their regular patrons to be an extra (I'm a pro at hanging out in a bar drinking beer). But hey, no dice. They've got professional extras for that stuff.

The good thing is that they didn't change anything at all in the bar, except for one small thing: the digital clock has been replaced with a neon red hammer and sickle clock. I was worried that the movie set people would have screwed everything up. Thank goodness, its still the same old People's.

Sigh of relief.

No comments: