Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quit: Day 1 (Take 2)

So, my first try this year lasted all of 2.5 days. Then I fell off the wagon. I am a bit disappointed, but I'm not going to stop trying. The more I continuously try to quit, the easier it will be.

I'm happy that I've proven to myself that with the help of my nic gum, I can actually quit. I still need to learn how to make it though the anxious times, and I just need to learn how to deal with anxiety in another fashion. I'm going to keep on trucking.

I made it all the way through work today, but didn't make it through the evening at home. I need to learn some more self-discipline, and I need to find other ways to occupy my independent time. I'm not sure why, but tonight I just fell right off.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get up, and give it another try. Just gotta keep on trying. I usually look for things that are an easy success - and quitting, I've learned, certainly will not be an easy success.

No comments: