Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blah

Sick.

Flu / Cold / Chills / Fever

Whatever was going around my office the past month or so finally caught up to me on Saturday. I pretty much bed (read: sofa) ridden until yesterday (Wednesday).

This morning I woke up feeling a little bit better. I was going stir crazy hanging around my apartment for 5 days straight. I just had to get out, so I came into the office today.

I'm still a bit chilly, and my sinuses are really bothering me. Other than that, I'm ok. I probably should have stayed at home, but I couldn't go another day without human interaction. (heh - not that there's much human interaction in software engineering). The only one who was happy that I was at home was my cat. Rather than sleep all day on the sofa by himself, he could sleep all day on the sofa with me.

So what do I have to show for 5 days of the flu?
  • ZERO blog posts
  • Achy muscles
  • Memorization of every single Law & Order episode ever made (is there anything else watching on afternoon television?)
Now, I'm debating whether to (a) spend one more night on the sofa with the Sudafed, Kleenex, and Orange Juice or (b) get some Bushmill's, pour a stiff glass, fall asleep early, and let the whisky kill the germs.

I'm leaning toward option (b) - isn't that what Grandpa used to order up as the cure for anything?

No comments: