Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gonna See a Band Tonight

I'm heading over to Great Scott this evening over in Allston to see my buddy's band, The Darker Hues. I've been out here in Boston well over 10 years, and I've actually never been to this joint. I think its simply my avoidance of anything Allston / Brighton.

For only $8.00, it should be a great show. Its always fun to see your friends perform on stage. I'd describe their music as 90s alterna-rock. Their sound reminds me of the Afghan Whigs. Remember them? Here's a little refresher video.

I've been trying to get them to cover a Helmet song - since that is the greatest band ever in the history of the entire universe. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to convince them that their band's ultimate success depends not on their talent or original music, but on their ability to play some Helmet. :-)

1 comment:

DJDiva said...

So what did you think of Great Scott? I haven't been there since about '94... LOL (hey I was in college at the time, what do you want from me??)