Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Banana Bread Beer

I'm really not much of an impulse buyer - unless, of course, I'm purchasing beer. Since its friggin cold outside tonight, and I didn't feel like going anywhere, I figured I'd try a new beer to warm up and relax tonight.

Despite its small size, Liquor World in Porter Square has a decent sized selection of "good" beers. I didn't feel like perusing all night, so the first beer that caught my eye would end up in my glass tonight. The first one that jumped out at me was Banana Bread Beer. I'm not generally a fruity beer-guy, however, I LOVE banana bread. So I scooped up a bottle and trudged it all the way home.

As of this instant, its sitting in my fridge chilling out. I haven't opened it yet. I'll update this post once its in a glass and gleefully making its way to beer heaven - my stomach.

UPDATE: Yum. Smells just like banana bread. Tastes like banana bread. Its darker than I expected, but is also relatively light tasting. It reminds me of a Newcastle-type beer. I dig it.

Bachelor Approved!

No comments: