Friday, November 21, 2008

Yay! Thanksgiving Week is Almost Here

The week of Thanksgiving is by far my favorite week of the year out here in Boston. Since there's so many college students and transplants living here, they all seem to leave the city and travel home for the holiday. So, for a few days each year, the city feels empty - or, at least less crowded. Its a great time to go out - restaurants and bars are not crowded at all.

I always stick around here for Thanksgiving. This is the WORST time of year to travel anywhere. I enjoy the peace and quiet. I haven't flown back to see my family on Thanksgiving for over 10 years now. I just don't think its worth the hassle to fly halfway across the country to spend one or two days with my parents. Besides, Christmas is only one month away - I'll fly back to the Midwest for that holiday instead.

This year, I'm going to make my annual long-haul trek across the river to Brookline to have a tasty Thanksgiving dinner with some college friends. Oh yeah - and then we'll bust out the 16-year single malt scotch and see how much we can drink. That's what the pilgrims would have wanted - isn't it? :-)

No comments: