Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fireworks? Seriously?

Wow.

Standing out on my deck right now I can hear people cheering and fireworks going off. I'm assuming that the election has been called for Obama.

Really folks, this is not a sports match. There is not a winner and a loser. We're electing a President for 4 years. I honestly don't understand why folks will celebrate it like a sports victory.

Life will go on as usual. The Federal Government will continue to be incompetent, no bills will be passed, and nothing will get done.

That's what bugs me about politics these days - its nothing but a "you vs. me" mentality. And in the end, folks feel happy because "my side won". That's what really bugs me the most -- government should not be about "sides". But, thanks to our stupid 2 party system - and the imagined "blue state vs red state" divide - we're pigeonholed. What a shame.

No comments: